The IRIS Secretariat is situated in IOM Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. It is responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating the IRIS Standard;
- Advocacy and awareness raising for ethical recruitment;
- Policy and technical support;
- Capacity building;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Coordination and liaison with the IRIS Advisory Committee;
- Overall coordination and oversight of the initiative.
By placing the Secretariat within IOM Headquarters, IRIS is able to leverage the organization’s institutional and operational infrastructure for global roll-out and sustainable implementation.